Earwigs earwigs get their name from a myth saying they would crawl into your ear and through to your brains.
If you know of a blog or website with great factual content, let us know below and we'll check them out as soon as we can.
- Beethoven was born in Bonn, just outside Cologne, Germany on December 16, 1770.
- Bronze birch borers are also know by their scientific name 'Agrilus anxius'.
- Judo was founded by Dr. Jigoro Kano in 1882.
- Hamsters are allergic to Cedar.
- Aphids can give birth to already pregnant female offspring without the need for a male aphid, resulting in very rapid breeding.
- Bell peppers contain a recessive gene which eliminates the capsaicin in the fruit, making them sweet in flavour.
- Planet uranus was the first planet discovered using a telescope.
- American eskimo dogs are one of the Spitz family of Nordic dog breeds.
- Stars are first formed from clouds of gas and dust.