Deserts Deserts are defined as any area which receives less than 250mm of precipitation per year.
If you know of a blog or website with great factual content, let us know below and we'll check them out as soon as we can.
- Lightning does not electrify people who get struck, so they are perfectly safe to touch and help.
- Zebras get their name from the Portuguese word 'zevra' which means 'wild ass'.
- Carpet beetles are known as household pest in their larvae stage only, due to them feeding on organic materials such as furniture, clothing, and carpets.
- Brown recluse spiders have six eyes arranged in pairs (dyads), very few other species of spider have this.
- Planet uranus is the seventh planet from the sun.
- Deserts can be either hot or cold in temperature, most having extreme heat during the day and extreme cold at night.
- Pyramids were built to hold and protect the Pharaoh's body and belongings after death and mummification.
- Aircraft s were first made at around 200 BC in China. The first aircraft's were 'kites'.
- Thunderstorms usually produce lightning that strikes (up to 10 miles) away from the area of rainfall.