Stonehenge stonehenge used around 82 bluestones from the Preseli mountains in south-west Wales, and Sarsen stones brought from the Marlborough Downs near Avebury, North Wiltshire .
If you know of a blog or website with great factual content, let us know below and we'll check them out as soon as we can.
- Spiders have 8 legs.
- Pompeii lost almost 2000 people when the Mount Vesuvius volcano erupted .
- Fishing is thought to have existed since at least the Upper Paleolithic period 40,000 years ago.
- Cabbage worms produce noticeable dark green droppings on the leaves of its host plant.
- Grasshoppers have ancestors dating back to the carboniferous period around 300 million years ago.
- Hurricanes are classed by the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale.
- Bees can only sting if they are female, this is because the 'stinger' is part of the female reproductive system.
- Appenzell mountain dogs are part of the 'Mastiff' breed group.
- Canoeing was originally a mode of long-distance transportation primarily in North America, Polynesia amongst others.